Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Autumn in the Air

Welcome Autumn! The temperature seems to have dropped about 10 degrees in the last few days. The air has that wonderful crisp feel to it. Oh yes. Autumn is here at last!
Growing up in a tropical climate (where the only seasons were wet or dry!), I had never really experienced the joys of Autumn. We have since moved to South Australia and I have grown to absolutely LOVE the feel of autumn! The leaves on the trees change, then fall. The air is cool and crisp. Not too hot, not too cold...we can play outside ALL DAY!

Moving south has also accentuated the differences between the seasons. It has made me much more aware of the changing seasons. We have started collecting things for our very first Nature Table! Some lovely little gum nuts collected on our walk yesterday. We plan to change our table with the seasons and, of course, post photos here. Do you have a nature table/Season table for your little ones? Feel free to link in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Yes I do Trish! Its more of a box and the visiting kids are the one's who explore whats in it the most - but I do have one too!
    I have been lurking on your site for a while (bit shy to comment most of the time) but have been given the oppotunity to offer you a Leibster Blog Award. If its something you'd like to accept, please pop over to my blog and see what its all about! Keep on Blogging! - Kara
    www.litlepracticalfrog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only just seen this comment! thank you very much. I am so honored!

    ReplyDelete