Saturday, 31 December 2011

New Years Resolutions!!

New Years Eve. I've never been one to partake in this yearly ritual. I usually have vague ideas about setting some sort of resolution. Before I remember that the statistics say that 92% of those who make a New Years Resolution are not able to see it out to the following year. But I like the idea of defying the odds...so here are my 2012 Resolutions.

Anti-Consumerism Challenge:
I've seen this challenge take many forms. The thing that most interests me about this challenge is that I can create my own rules. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. So my aim is to avoid unnecessary spending. No impulse buys, no take-away ice-chocolates, no buying something just because I'm bored. If I do need to purchase something I will think about quality and look for second hand over new. My mantra will be "Buy once, Buy well, or Go without!"

Less Screen Time:
This is a big one for me. I've found myself slightly disconnected from the kids in the last few months of 2011. There is too much technology and not enough human interaction going on in this house at the moment. So as of tomorrow we will be seriously limiting our screen time. I foresee some protest in the first few days from the male members of the household (Boo who is 3 1/2 and Hubby) but I am hoping that everyone will see and feel the benefit after a few days.

Food and Exercise:
This resloution is for both my health, our bank balance, and the environmental impact. The first part of this is exercise. I plan to get out of the house EVERYDAY!  For either a walk or a run in the park with the kids. The second part is food. Our organic delivery has been wonderful, but I want to step it up a level and get more wholefoods into our diet. The details of this resolution include menu planning, a better veggie garden, less food wastage, making Hubby's lunches (instead of him buying them) and avoiding fast food/take-away's.

So these are my 2012 New Years Resolutions. I am hoping to check back to this post and track how well my will power is holding up every 3 months until 2013! Wish me luck!!




No comments:

Post a Comment